Terms & Conditions
General terms and conditions for the use of the website services and the accommodation
- The present terms and conditions – as amended from time to time- apply to all of our services, which are provided directly or indirectly (through distributors) online, through any mobile device, e-mail or telephone. With the access, navigation and use of our website or any of our other applications through any platform (hereinafter jointly called “website”) and/or by making a reservation, you accept and assure to have read, understood and agreed with the below mentioned terms and conditions (including the personal data protection statement and the hiring terms and conditions).
- These pages, the content and structure thereof, as well as the online accommodations’ reservation service offered in them and via this website (“the Service”) belong to, operate and are offered by us, SAMBO OE (General Partnership) and are provided only for your personal, non-commercial use, according to the below indicated terms and conditions.
- Object of our services
Our company with the business name SAMBO OE (General Partnership) and seat in Athens, legally represented, operates in short-term immoveable property hiring, being the owner of the accommodations. Through this website, we dispose of an online platform through which accommodations of our ownership are presented and are available for reservation, and through which website visitors can realise such reservations. By making a reservation through our website, you create a contract relationship of a (legally binding) short-term hiring directly with us as provider of the accommodation for which you make the reservation, according to the following detailed terms and conditions. Consequently, we do not act as intermediaries between you and the accommodation, but we are the actual providers of the accommodation offered.
- Our services are available only for personal and not for commercial use. For that reason, you have no right of resale, direct link, use, copy, monitoring (e.g. through spider or scrape programmes), presentation, download or reproduction of any content or information, software, products or services available in our website, subletting to third parties with or without profit of the accommodations provided, for any commercial or competitive activity or purpose.
- Prices in our website are especially competitive. All prices in our website (link) are displayed per accommodation for your total stay and include VAT and all other taxes (without prejudice of the possibility that these taxes may change), unless differently indicated in our website or the confirmation e-mail. In case of “no show” or cancellation charges you may bear the taxes applicable.
- Sometimes, lower prices show up in our website, for specific stay in an accommodation, and they may be accompanied by special limitations and terms, which relate, for instance, to cancellation and reimbursement. You are kindly requested to carefully check information on the accommodation and prices for possible terms of this type before you make your reservation.
- The currency converter is exclusively offered for information purposes and the prices shown there must not be considered as accurate and in real time. Real values may differ.
- Possible obvious errors (including typographical) are not binding.
- All offers and promoting activities are expressly characterised as such.
- Personal data protection and cookies policy for more information link
- Reservation services through our website are provided free of charge, you shall not be charged for reservation services and no additional (reservation) costs shall be added to the room price. You only pay for the room price.
For the lease of our accommodations, you are able to pay (fully or partially, according to the payment policy of each accommodation) at the time of the reservation, via safe online payment.
- The payment is processed safely by a third party and is effected directly from your debit/credit card or from your bank account to our bank account.
- For some prices and special offers, you are kindly requested to take into consideration that a pre-authorisation or charge of your credit card may be needed (in some cases, without reimbursement possibility) after making the reservation. You are invited to carefully check details of each accommodation before completing your reservation in case such terms may be applicable.
- In case of fraud or unauthorised use of your credit card by third parties, most banks and credit card companies undertake liability and cover all charged due to abuse or fraud, which are sometimes subject to a fixed non-reimbursable amount (which is usually set to 50 Euros (or the correspondent amount in the local currency). In case your credit card company or your bank charges you the fixed non-reimbursable amount due to abusive transactions after reservation effected in our website, we shall pay you this fixed non-reimbursable amount up to the total sum of 50 Euros (or the correspondent amount in the local currency). In order to reimburse you, please make sure you have declared the fraud to the provider of your credit card (according to the declaration rules and procedures) and contact with us immediately via e-mail (email@example.com). Please write “fraud in the credit card use” as a subject of your e-mail and provide us evidence for the charge of the fixed non-reimbursable amount. This compensation is valid only for reservations with credit card effected using the safe server of our company and for abusive use of your credit card not caused by your error or negligence in using the safe server.
- If you wish to check, adjust or cancel your reservation, please refer to your confirmation e-mail and follow the instructions provided thereto. Please take into account that you may be charged for the cancellation according to cancellation, (pre)payment or “no show” policy of the accommodation or that you may not be entitled for reimbursement for (pre)paid amounts. We consult you to carefully read the cancellation policy, (pre)payment or “no show” policy of the accommodation before you make your reservation and remember to make the remaining payments on time, according to each reservation.
Cancellation and no show policy
The client may cancel his/her reservation before the date of arrival. Cancellation must be done in writing.
Cancellation charges are as follows:
- Earlier than 14 days before the day of arrival: 0% of the total rent
- 13 to 1 day before the day of arrival: 100% of the total rent.
- In NON-refundable bookings canceling or altering is not available.
- The client may transfer the reservation to a third party. The client and the third party are severally liable to pay the rent.
- By completing the reservation, you agree to receive (i) one e-mail which can be sent a few days before the date of your arrival, providing you information on the destination and offers (including third party offers – if you have actively opted for receiving such information) regarding your reservation and the destination, and (ii) one e-mail which shall be sent to you after your stay in the accommodation, with which you are invited to fill in the clients’ comments form. Please read the data protection and cookies policy concerning the ways with which we may contact you.
- Based on the limitations in force according to these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted by the legislation, we shall be liable only for direct damages you suffered, payed or caused due to insufficient respect of the obligations undertaken by us regarding the provision of our services, of total sum corresponding to the total sum of your reservation, as indicated in your confirmation e-mail (either as of an isolated case or a series of connected situations).
However, to the extent permitted by the legislation, neither we nor any of the employees, the managers, the representatives, the affiliates, the cooperating companies, the distributors, the online collaborators, the licensees, the agents or others involved in the creation, sponsoring, promotion or by any other means provision of the website and content thereof, are liable for (i) any criminal, special, indirect or consequential damage or loss, any production loss, loss of profit, loss of income, loss of contract, loss or damage in the clientele or reputation, loss of compensation right, (ii) any ambiguity regarding the information (description) of the accommodation (including prices, availability and evaluation) provided in our website, (iii) services or products offered by the accommodation or other business partners, (iv) any (direct, indirect, consequential or criminal) detriments, losses or charges which you suffered, payed or caused, according to, after or in relation to the use, the impossibility to use or the delay to use our website, or (v) any (personal) injury, death, personal ownership damage or other (direct, indirect, special, consequential or criminally punishable) detriments, losses or charges which you suffered, payed or caused, because of (legal) actions, errors, violations, (serious) negligence, intentional wrongful act, omissions, non-execution, false declarations, torts or absolute responsibility of the accommodation or liability attributed (fully or partially) to the accommodation or to any of our other business partners (including their employees, the directors, the executives, the agents, the representatives or the cooperating companies) whose products or services are provided (directly or indirectly), offered or promoted in or through the website, including possible (partial) cancellation, overbooking, strike, force majeure or any other situation beyond our control.
- By uploading photographs/images in our system (for instance, as an addition to a comment) you certify, guarantee and agree that you hold the intellectual property rights of those photographs/images and that you agree that our company may use photographs/images uploaded by you in its website (for mobile phones) and its applications, as well as in (online/offline) promotional material and relevant publications, at its sole discretion. You concede to our company a non-exclusive, international, irrevocable, constant and unconditional right and licence of use, reproduction, show, distribution, sublicense, communication and disposal of the photographs/images, at its sole discretion. Our company does not possess or endorse the photographs/images uploaded by the users. Credibility, validity and right of use of all photographs/images account for the person uploading the photograph and our company bears no responsibility. Our company declines all liability for photographs uploaded. The person uploading the photograph guarantees that the photographs/images do not contain viruses, Trojan horses or malware, or pornographic, illegal, obscene, offensive, racist or inappropriate content and do not violate third party rights (intellectual property rights, copyright or personal data). Any photograph/image not complying with the aforementioned criteria shall not be posted or/and may be removed/deleted by our company at any moment and with no prior notice.
- Unless otherwise indicated, software needed for our services or available or used by our website and intellectual property rights (including reproduction rights) regarding the content and information forming our website’s material, are owned by our company and its service suppliers or providers.
- Our company holds exclusively the ownership of all rights, titles and interests (all intellectual property rights) (the form and sense (including infrastructure)) of the website through which the service is available (including clients’ comments and translated content) and you have no right to copy, export, create links thereto, publish, promote, advertise, include, exploit, combine or by any other means use the content (including its translated content and clients’ comments) or our trademark without our expressed written permission. As far as you would (fully or partially) use or combine our (translated) content (including clients’ comments) or otherwise privatise any intellectual property right in the website or any (translated) content or clients’ comment, you hereby assign, transfer and attribute each such intellectual property right to our company. Any illegal use or any of the aforementioned actions or behaviours shall constitute abuse of our intellectual property rights (including copyright and database right).
- To the extent permitted by the legislation, the present terms and conditions and the provision of services are governed by and interpreted by the Greek law and any dispute arising from these general terms and conditions shall be presented exclusively before the competent courts of Athens, Greece.
- The original Greek text of these terms and conditions may have been translated into other languages. The translation constitutes facilitation and translation for internal use only and no rights occur from the text of the translation. In case of dispute on the content or the interpretation of these terms and conditions or mismatch or difference between the Greek version and any other translated version of the present terms and conditions, the Greek version of the text, to the extent permitted by the legislation, is valid, prevails and is definitive. The Greek version is available in our website (choose the Greek language) or can be sent to you after a written request.
- In case any provision of these terms and conditions is or becomes void, inapplicable or non-binding, you continue to be committed by the remaining conditions of this document. In such case, the void provision, however, is applied to the fullest extent permitted by the legislation in force and you shall at least agree to accept a result similar to that of the void, inapplicable or non-binding provision, given the content and purpose of these terms and conditions.
Special terms and conditions of short-term hiring
- The provider offers for hire the selected through the reservation and selection form (link) the accommodation which is let to the lessee. The accommodation is fully furnished and equipped with electric devices, bedlinen and free Wi-Fi.
- The duration of the lease is agreed for the selected in the reservation form through the website (link) period of time, since it is available. In any case, the lessor must deliver the leased property ready for use at 15:00 of the agreed day, when the lease begins, and the lessee must give it back at 11:00 of the agreed day, when the lease ends. For different times of delivery and collection of the leased property, specific mention must be made in the reservation form.
- The total rent amounts the sum indicated in the selection and reservation form (link) for the totality of the reservation period per accommodation and is either paid fully in advance or 50% is paid in advance. The remaining 50% is paid at the time of the arrival in the accommodation. All payments can be carried out by using credit or debit card as for instance, and not limited to, VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Diners, with transfer in a bank account or PayPal account (for more information, please contact us via e-mail in firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The accommodation shall be used as a temporary residence of the lessee and the mentioned by him/her in the reservation form persons for the agreed period of time. Any conversion of the use of the leased property is expressly forbidden, as well as its total or partial sublease, its concession of use to third parties, cohabitation or accommodation of other persons in any way with or without exchange, without the written consent of the lessor. Stay of pets is allowed in special occasions and only with the agreement of the lessor.
- No additions or alterations, even necessary, can be done in the accommodation or the common used spaces without the prior written permission of the lessor. Any conversion of the electricity and water installations is forbidden, as well as any addition, alteration or reform of the accommodation. Any addition, alteration or reform happens in infringement of this term, regardless of the effects entailed, remains in favour of the accommodation without creating any removal or compensation right of the lessee whatsoever. In any event, the lessor is entitled to claim the restoration of the previously existing restoration, at the lessee’s expenses.
- Smoking in all indoor areas of the property is expressly forbidden.
- The lessee must:
Preserve the accommodation in the state he/she received it.
Use properly the accommodation, keeping it clean and decent; otherwise he/she is liable for compensation for the deteriorations and damages caused to it regardless of the cost, even beyond the sum of the warranty.
Use the accommodation in a way that will not affect the quiet, the health, the work, the security and the morality of the neighbours, as well as not place in the accommodation combustible materials or objects which may harm it or litter it.
Avoid causing noises inside the leased property and the common used spaces (indicatively, but not limited, in the yard or roof deck). Noise coming from the use of the TV, the sound system, and other similar devices must be maintained to reasonable levels in order to prevent neighbours’ disturbance. Special care must be given in the avoidance of noise during the quiet hours and especially from 15:00 to 17:00 and 22:00 to 07:30. Gatherings and other relevant events are expressly forbidden. Gatherings of only small extent and other relevant events are permitted only by expressed consent of the lessor and after a specific agreement.
Return the accommodation at the end of the lease without disturbing the lessor in the state in which he/she received it, as well as a) close, lock or/and secure doors, windows and balcony doors, b) turn off the taps, air conditioning systems and electric devices in general, c) leave the keys inside the loft in the place indicated to him/her.
- The lessor must:
Dispose the accommodation for the agreed period of time and in the agreed price for the declared in the selection and reservation form (link) number of persons.
Provide the accommodation fully furnished, connected to the utility networks, with the referred in term 1 electric devices, and other amenities (bedlinen, towels).
Pay all costs of the leased property originating from the use of utility networks, for instance, but not limited to, provisions of water, electric power, Internet and pay-tv, where applicable, as well as community fees.
- Tacit extension of the lease’s duration is absolutely excluded and in no way can a possible stay of the lessee in the accommodation, for any reason, after the end of the lease, be considered as extension or renewal of the lease, and any rent received by the lessor at that time shall be regarded as a compensation of use, and not an expressed or tacit extension of the lease.
- All terms hereof are agreed to be essential without exception and any amendment thereof shall be only proved in writing excluding all other means, even oath.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
The website does use some cookies when you browse this website. These are used to ensure proper running of this website, and also to help us improve your experience when browsing.The cookies we use are detailed below:
How this information is used
If you have chosen to share it with us, we use your email address to contact you in reply to your message, or to send you our newsletter. f you have entered your email address to leave a comment on the blog, it is used to identify your comment, however it is not displayed on the website or shared with any third party.
We may also use your email to help resolve issues or disputes, for example if you tell us that you cannot see any of your posts on the website, we would probably search our database using your email address to help diagnose the problem.